Monday, October 29, 2007

Cooler weather

We are really enjoying the beginnings of fall around Waco. Ellia has seen temperatures this past week she's never experienced before. As I was walking her the other day to meet her mom who was coming home from her bearobics class, I tried to explain to Ellia why the leaves were changing colors. Seemingly mundane things like seasons are not easy things to explain. I found myself getting more and more convoluted in my explanation to her. I'm excited for the opportunity to answer the 'why' questions toddlers inevitably have. I'm just glad I have another year or two before they start. I really need to learn to communicate more simply. I think we probably don't truly understand things until we're able to communicate them to babies. Ellia is a great student; she's a better teacher.






7 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh how cute! Is the blue cover up from the twins?? It looks familiar! ha Can't wait to see you all at Homecoming. You basically have the worlds most beautiful baby!

Jen Murphy said...

Chris You look beautiful!

Ronnica said...

So wonderful! I hope the three of you are all doing well!

Jeff and Erin said...

uh-dorable! I miss you guys and we live in the same city. see you soon?

Amy said...

Amazing! She is getting so big.

Unknown said...

adorable family! Chris, you're a beautiful mom! Brett, I'd love to be a fly on the wall during your "why" explanations! :)
Sarah & Jon




"don't tell Karen about the industrial copier"....shhh

Nikki said...

haha - the why questions are adorable for a while but when they start at 6 am and continue non-stop until 7 pm they start to lose their cuteness :) "We're leaving at 6." "Why?" "Because we need to be there at 6:30." "Why?" "Because that's what time the party starts." "Why?" "Because that's what time they decided to have it." "Why?" "Umm...so we can eat dinner there and that's about dinner time." "Why?" "Because that's what time we eat dinner." "Why?"

I swore I'd never be a "Because I said so!" mom but it gets tough :) There are a lot of reverse questions like "well, why do you think that is?" or "let's see if we can figure that out together." :)